We were visited by Stuart from the Essex Fire Service to tell us about firework safety. In his assembly he taught us the importance of being safe around bonfire night.
Stuart pointed out the particular importance of being careful with sparklers. He advised us not to walk about with them, wear gloves, carry only one at a time and be careful that nobody is standing too close. Finally he reminded us to have a bucket of water to put used sparklers into when we are finished as they are still hot.
Finally he reminded us to enjoy firework night but to stay safe.